Prof. Dr. R. K. Khandal
Prof. Dr. R. K. Khandal has been working as President R&D and Business Development, India Glycols Ltd., Noida since 2015.
He is Former: a) Vice-Chancellor, U. P. Technical University, Lucknow & b) Director, Shriram Institute for Industrial Research, Delhi for ~12 yrs.
Prof. Khandal has been mentoring universities and institutions. Prof. Dr. R.K. Khandal is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, London. He started his career in 1982, as a lecturer in Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad at a very young age of less than 25 years. He did Post- Doctoral research ~ 1 year in England and France for 2 years.
Total experience of ~40 years of industrial Research. Managed teams of researchers, manager’s scientists, technocrats etc. Supervised 30 PhDs from 10 universities and 15 international patents. Published 150 research papers in peer-reviewed journals, Authored five books plus two edited. He has received several awards; prestigious ones include:
- INSME (International award for innovation)
- R.N. Bangur Memorial award for novel technologies
- R.G. Deshpande award for popularizing Radiation processing technology
- U.P. Ratna Award, 2014 for Transforming Technical Education in U.P.
- Rajasthan Samman Award from Rajasthan Associations
- Meri Dilli award for improving the living standards of citizens of Delhi,
- Srishti awards for green technologies, waste management
- Amity Academic Excellence award for pioneering research and academics
- AMAR UJALA Excellence Award for outstanding contribution to education
- Lifetime achievement award by World Environment Congress in food preservation, safety, environment protection and renewable energy,
- Eminent Engineers Award by Institutions of Engineers, India
- Academic Excellence Award from Engineering Watch, India, in Singapore,
Prof. Khandal is a person of eminence with unique expertise and capabilities; a rare profile covering 360̊ research and innovation cycle and with career: as an Academician (Central University) and an industrial researcher (Govt. and Pvt.). He knows how to convert challenges into opportunities.